Aug 2, 2009

The beginning of who knows what.

Drumroll please . . .

I started a blog! (Obviously.) After much deliberation, and pressure from a certain friend (whose name rhymes with Merry), I decided to enter the blogging world. However, I can't quite get myself to start a personal blog--basically because I don't think Philip and I are really that interesting. So, I decided to write about one of the other things I love, which is cooking.

I've always been interested in cooking, and remember helping my mom in the kitchen at home when I was younger. However, it hasn't been until the last few years that my interest in food and cooking has really grown. I was in a few dinner groups in college and took my turn one day each week cooking for my roommates one year, and loved being able to cook large, cheap, yummy meals for a bigger group of people. It was hard to cook for just myself without eating the leftovers for the rest of my life, so I jumped on any chance I had to cook for a larger group.

Now that I'm married, it's fun to cook for Philip and have him like, even love, what I cook. So far, I haven't made anything he hasn't like. Let's hope this trend continues! I could probably watch the Food Network 24 hours if: a) I didn't have a life, and b) if they didn't show so many dang reruns! In fact, I'm watching The Next Food Network Star as I'm writing this. (T-minus 2.5 hours until the season finale!!)

Enough of my introduction. I hope you all enjoy reading this blog, and I hope I can help you in any way possible. If there is anything you want to know more about, just ask me. I don't dare call myself an expert, but I think I know enough to hold my own. If I don't know it, I'll find the answer.

2 comments:

  1. hey. i am excited you are doing this. how fun! you are awesome. see you soon i am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how was the season finale of the Next Food Network Star? Let's get an update!

    ReplyDelete