Cream Cheese Chicken
6-8 boneless chicken breasts
1 stick butter
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package cream cheese
Place chicken in crock pot. Slice butter and place over chicken. Sprinkle with Italian dressing mix. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, cut cream cheese into chunks and place in crock pot. Pour soup (without mixing) over chicken and cream cheese. Stir just before serving. Serve over rice or noodles.
Tips and Tricks:
- Mix it up and use a packet of ranch dressing instead of Italian.
- I've served this with both rice and noodles--we prefer rice.
- Use low-fat cream cheese and low-fat soup. I promise you won't know the difference!
- I've made this with as little as 3 chicken breasts. I just used half a stick of butter, and about half the package of Italian dressing mix. I went ahead and used a whole can of soup and whole package of cream cheese ... you'll just have a little extra sauce!
We really liked this with the Ranch... we need to get some Italian to see if it can live up to the Ranch... MMM MMMM tasty stuff! we'll definatley be having it again soon!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I feel so special. I'm making your pork sandwiches tommorow for dinner. I also have a really delicious crockpot dinner for you to try and when you love it, post. :) Plus, I'm excited to see what changes you make to it :)
ReplyDeleteyum... i mean YUM! Sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteI always do a crockpot dinner on Sunday, with having church at 1, it is just easier so we can eat when we get home instead of waiting for dinner to cook. I made this last week, and everyone loved it! Especially the kids! We will definitely be adding this to our rotation!
ReplyDelete