Now on to the real reason we're here ... for recipes! I got this one from a former roommate, who got it out of a family cookbook she had. I'll give you the recipe as is, which is how I usually make it, and then I'll give you the variation I tried last time. Without further ado ...
Teriyaki Chicken
5 oz. soy sauce (1/4 cup plus)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
couple of shakes of garlic powder
Marinade desired amount of chicken (boneless, skinless) in sauce. Cook chicken in sauce at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Serve with rice.
Variation:
Cut chicken (about 1 lb.) into bite-sized chunks. Coat chicken pieces in flour. Heat oil in large frying pan and fry chicken in small batches until cooked through. Add chicken and sauce back into pan and heat until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened. Serve over rice.
FINALLY....;)
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious. I think I will make it this week, thanks. And I really, really hope I win your giveaway.
I mean it sounds delicious. I don't know what it looks like yet.
ReplyDeletemmm! glad you are back to blogging!
ReplyDeleteMade this and it's scrumptious! Alec and I both agree this recipe is a keeper. Thanks Nat!
ReplyDelete