This last week, I've been craving lemon chicken. We hadn't had it in awhile, and it is one of our favorite meals. I have a recipe from my mom that makes the **BeSt** lemon chicken. However, I decided to be a little adventurous and try a new recipe off the internet. In this recipe, you make a marinade, marinate the chicken, and bake it in the oven. Sounds good right? Well . . . Philip was the first to take a bite of this "tasty" meal. I have never seen him pucker up like that! The chicken was so, so, so sour. (And I like sour things.) He didn't eat any more. I ate the thicker part of the chicken because the marinade didn't soak in as deep. And then we went to Arby's. Lesson learned. Here is what I call the best lemon chicken recipe ever. Hope you love it!
Lemon Chicken
2 cut-up chickens (I use chicken breasts.)
1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 TBS cooking oil
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
3 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS ketchup
1 TBS vinegar
2 TBS cold water
Mix flour with salt and coat chicken thoroughly. Brown chicken in hot oil, and then place in crock pot. Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Simmer on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment