Jun 2, 2010

Sloppy Joes

This is by far my favorite Sloppy Joe recipe. I call it my mom's recipe because it's the one she always made while we were growing up. I don't think she ever put the curry powder in it, but we've tried it and like it. If you're not a big curry fan, leave it out. They'll still be just as good! We just use 1 pound of ground beef, because there are only 2 of us, but we keep the measurements the same as if we were making it with 2 pounds. They just have a little extra sauce :) I also like to dice a small onion and saute it with the ground beef--something my mom never did for some reason. . . . Hope you like it!


2 lbs. ground beef 
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup ketchup
2 TBS. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt 
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard 
1/4 tsp. curry powder

Cook ground beef until brown. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.


No comments:

Post a Comment