Feb 5, 2011

Slow-Cooker Saturdays Part 2 (Super Bowl Edition)

I don't know about you, but growing up, the Super Bowl wasn't a huge deal in our household. We'd watch it, and make some extra snacks, but it wasn't something we went all out for. In fact, I remember one year my sister and I spent the entire game coloring each other's hair with washable markers. Yeah ...

But now that I'm married to Mr. Football, the Super Bowl is the most important day of the year ... besides our anniversary (at least that's what I make him say).

This recipe comes from my sister Lisa. It. Is. Good! It's definitely worthy of being a part of your Super Bowl Sunday meny ... or any day, really.



Hot Dog Chili

2 lbs. hamburger
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage
32 oz. ketchup
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Brown hamburger and sausage, and drain off grease. In crock pot, mix meat with ketchup, chili powder, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer on low for 2 hours. Serve over hot dogs with shredded cheese, onions, and any other fixings you like.

1 comment:

  1. Hot dog chili looks so yummy! I could eat the chili alone too :)

    ReplyDelete