May 10, 2011

Swedish Meatballs

In honor of tonight's recipe, I bring you "Happy Birthday," in Swedish.

 

I had the privilege of living with this sweet girl for 2 semesters at BYU. It was definitely an experience, one I won't soon forget. (Those of you who lived with her and/or know her, know exactly what I mean by that!) I have some other videos of another roommate pretending to be her, but for my safety, I should probably just keep those to myself.

Now on to the real reason you're all here. This recipe came from my sister Lisa. She made them for us one summer when we were all visiting my parents, and they were oh-so-good! They are definitely a favorite in my house!

Swedish Meatballs


Meatballs:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup water
1 box chicken stuffing
1 egg

Sauce:
2 cans chicken gravy
Sour cream (1/2 to 1 cup)

Mix first 4 ingredients together and form into meatballs. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix chicken gravy and sour cream. Combine with cooked meatballs and heat. Serve over rice.

Easy enough, right? No go make it!

3 comments:

  1. Can you just make it for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! These meatballs look AMAZING. Thanks for creating such a fab blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM... i love meatballs!

    have you tried bobby flay's throwdown meatballs? they are unreal!

    ReplyDelete