Last night's dinner was de-lic-ious! I'm eating the leftovers as we speak :) I made Chicken Nacho Bake, found in the most recent issue of Food & Family from Kraft Foods. Here's the recipe and the changes I made to it. Eat up!
Chicken Nacho Bake
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400ºF. Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Slice three cuts on top of each chicken breast with sharp knife. (I sprinkled salt and pepper on both sides of each chicken breast, and cooked them in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side before I put them in the baking dish and topped them.)
TOP each chicken breast evenly with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips. (I didn't measure the salsa, sour cream, chips, or shredded cheese . . . so basically I didn't measure anything. I just put enough of each topping to cover the chicken breasts.)
BAKE 20 min. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
TOP each chicken breast evenly with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips. (I didn't measure the salsa, sour cream, chips, or shredded cheese . . . so basically I didn't measure anything. I just put enough of each topping to cover the chicken breasts.)
BAKE 20 min. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

blah
ReplyDeleteI was enjoying the blog of the person whose name rhymes with Merry and saw yours, so I guess I didn't get the memo that you had a blog, I ALWAYS enjoy new recipes, especially those tried by someone I know and love
ReplyDelete