I. Love. These. Treats! They are very easy to make, very easy to eat, and very fattening (like I care). I don't really have a specific recipe I use. I usually have to look up a recipe online to get the baking time and temperature, but the rest is stored in my head. I don't measure the chips or coconut either--I just sprinkle them over the graham cracker crust until I think it's enough. Here's a general recipe:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 TBS. sugar
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
This is where the recipe gets interesting (you can use any combination of the following ingredients or all of them at once):
chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet.)
butterscotch chips
butterscotch chips
white chocolate chips
coconut
chopped nuts
Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for glass pan). In separate bowl, mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Press in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Layer with chips, coconut, and chopped nuts. (Again, I don't really measure this part, just put some of each kind of chip and coconut until I think it looks good. Remember--they do melt, so the crust doesn't need to be completely covered before you bake it.) Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over chips and coconut. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool, cut, serve, and LOVE THEM!

Sounds tasty! And I like your new background!
ReplyDeleteOk, these were a huge hit at work... so thanks for posting this, homegirl.
ReplyDelete