I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner tonight. But . . . I got a new crock pot (actually 2 new crock pots) for Christmas and I wanted to try one out. I thought about what we had, and then it came to me. Chicken enchiladas. I totally made this recipe up, and they turned out great! I used 3 fairly large chicken breasts and got 10 enchiladas, with some chicken left over. I probably could have just used 2. Adjust the quantity as needed. Hope you like them!
Natalie's Chicken Enchiladas
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cans enchilada sauce (I prefer green.)
corn tortillas
shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar.)
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Pour one can enchilada sauce into the crock pot. Place chicken in sauce, and pour the other can of sauce over the top. Cook on high for one hour, and then turn down to low for 2-3 more hours. Remove chicken and shred. Pour sauce into a saucepan, leaving some in the crock pot. Place shredded chicken back in the crock pot. Heat corn tortillas until they are warm enough to roll without breaking. Fill each tortilla with shredded cheese and chicken. Roll enchiladas and place in 9 x 9 baking dish. Pour reserved sauce over the top of the enchiladas and cover with more shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
That sounds yummy I am going to try it maybe this weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteMmm I'm going to try this one. My crock pots are my best frends in my kitchen, so any recipe I can use them for is a winner!
ReplyDelete