Remember that rotisserie chicken I used for the Chicken BLT Salad? Wonder what I did with the other half of that chicken? I made these! I've seen this recipe several in several different ads in magazines and in the coupons in the Sunday paper and I finally got around to trying it! They were very tasty, easy to make, and gave us just enough leftovers that we didn't get sick of eating them! (Click here for a printable version of this recipe.)
Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheese
6 flour tortillas
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir the soup, sour cream, salsa, and chili powder in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken, and cheese in a large bowl. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.
Tips and Tricks:
- To save a little on the fat, use 98% fat free soup, and either light or fat free sour cream. There are enough spices and other ingredients that you won't even notice a difference in the taste! (You could also use low-fat cheese.)
- I just used my 8 x 8 pyrex dish and it was the perfect size for 6 enchiladas.
- If you like a little extra "goo" on your enchiladas, sprinkle some shredded cheese on the enchiladas before you pour the sauce over the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment