Aug 5, 2010

Super Salad!

 

Ignore the watermark and link on the picture--it was the best one I could find.

I made this salad tonight for a BBQ we had with some of the other couples in our apartment complex and everyone seemed to really like it. I even got a request for the recipe! Woo-hoo!

Super Salad

1 head Romaine lettuce
grated Swiss cheese (I had some sliced Swiss in the fridge, so I just cut 4 slices into small pieces)
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small purple onion
mushrooms (I've never put these in the salad because Philip doesn't like them, and I don't like them raw. If you try it, let me know how it is!)

Poppy Seed Dressing:
1/3 cup vinegar or cider vinegar
3/4 cup oil
3/4 tsp. poppy seeds
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mustard
1/3 cup sugar

Mix salad ingredients in large bowl. Mix salad dressing well, in a separate container. Pour dressing over salad and toss just before serving, or serve on the side.

1 comment:

  1. This salad was SO YUMMY! Thanks for posting this and sharing, I can't wait to make it sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete