May 21, 2012

Chicken Green Chile Lasagna

This is one of my mom's recipes, and it always reminds me of  a delicious post-Thanksgiving meal. I used some leftover rotisserie chicken I had, but it's a great way to use leftover Turkey after Thanksgiving. It's incredibly easy to make, and most of the ingredients are pantry items I already have on hand. This recipe is for a 9 x 13 baking dish, but it can easily be cut down for a smaller crowd. Enjoy!

1 cup cottage cheese (or ricotta)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 or 2 cans cream of chicken soup (depends on how much sauce you want)
2 to 3 cans of milk (again, depends on how much sauce you want)
2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
1 small can green chiles
1 egg
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 cups cooked chicken or turkey
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
lasagna noodles

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Beginning with sauce layer, alternate with 3 layers of *uncooked lasagna noodles in 9 x 13 pan. End with chicken sauce mixture on top. Sprinkle with additional cheddar or mozzarella cheese, and additional Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until bubbly and noodles are cooked through.

*I prepared this the night before and put it in the fridge until I was ready to bake it. That gives some time for the sauce to soak into the noodles and soften them up. However, if you are preparing it the day of, you might want to partially cook the noodles before assembling the lasagna to ensure they cook through. 

2 comments:

  1. when you say cans of milk, what kind of milk to you mean? And huzzah for a post ;)

    ReplyDelete